Mobile Deposit, also called Remote Deposit, is a safe and secure way to electronically deposit checks from your mobile device using the Town and Country CU Mobile App. Skip your next trip to the branch and deposit your check from the comfort of your home!
Here are a few FAQ's to help you get started with using Mobile Deposit.
How do I know if I'm eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
Town & Country Credit Union members who are enrolled in TCCU Online have access to Mobile Deposit. Before depositing your first check, you must read and accept the Mobile Deposit Services Agreement within the mobile app.
Is Mobile Deposit Secure?
Mobile Deposit is safe and secure! Security features include: password protection, internet firewalls and 128-bit encryption. Check images and other private information are not stored within the Town and Country CU Mobile App or on your phone.
How do I deposit a check using Mobile Deposit?
- Download the Town and Country CU Mobile App in your device's App store.
- Log in to the app using your TCCU Online username and password.
- Click on "Check Deposit" from the menu on the bottom portion of your screen.
- Choose which account to deposit your check into and type in the check's amount.
- Use black ink to sign the back of the check and beneath your signature write "For Mobile Deposit Only at Town & Country Credit Union".
- Click "Front" to take a photo of the front of the check, then click "Back" to take a photo of the back.
- Click "Deposit" to deposit your check.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your check has been submitted for review.
- Once your deposit has been posted we recommend that you write "Electronically Presented" or "VOID" on the front of your check and securely store it for 60 days.
Do I need to sign the back of my check?
Sign the back of your check and write "For Mobile Deposit Only at Town & Country Credit Union" under your signature. Additionally, follow these helpful tips when using Mobile Deposit:
- Use in a well-lit area when taking pictures of a check to prevent shadows or poor image quality
- Smooth out any folds or creases on the check
- Place check on a dark background
- Keep hands clear of the check while taking a picture
How will I know when my check has been posted to my account?
- After submitting your deposit, you will receive an onscreen confirmation that your deposit has been submitted to Town & Country for review. You will also receive an email notification from email@example.com.
- Checks deposited Monday - Friday before 4:00 p.m. CST will be credited to your account the same day. Deposits made after 4:00 p.m. CST or on the weekend will be credited to your account on our next business day. A hold on mobile deposits may apply.
- If you need to change your email address for Mobile Deposit email notifications, call us at 1-800-872-6358 or stop by your local office to update your email address.
Are there limits for the dollar amount of deposits?
The Mobile Deposit limit is $2,500 per day. If you have questions or would like to discuss your deposit limit, please call us at 1-800-872-6358 or fill out our contact form
and we'll call you.
How do I view my Mobile Deposit history or see the status of the checks I have remotely deposited?
View the status of current and past deposits on the "History" tab within the "Check Deposit" screen. You will be able to view 180 days of history including check status (pending, accepted, rejected) and deposit information.
When I go to take a picture of my check, the screen is black?
Verify you have allowed the Town and Country CU Mobile App access to your camera in your device "Settings."
Are there any kinds of checks that cannot be deposited through Mobile Deposit?
- 3rd party checks
- Checks payable to you and another party who is not a joint owner to the account
- Checks that do not contain a 9 digit US routing number
- Checks that contain evidence of altercation, or that you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Savings Bonds
Why was my check rejected for mobile deposit?
There are a few reasons that check may be rejected:
- "For Mobile Deposit Only at Town & Country Credit Union" wasn't written under your signature
- Folded or torn corners
- Front or back image is not legible
- Amount entered does not match the amount read by the scanning software
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- Your device does not have a camera
- The check image is too dark
How Else Can We Assist You?