Pay a Friend, also called Person to Person (P2P) payments, is a safe and secure way to send money to a friend within the Town and Country CU Mobile App. Below you'll find a how- to video and a few FAQ's to help you get started with using Pay a Friend.
How do I know if I am eligible to use Pay a Friend?
- You must be a current Town & Country Credit Union member with a checking or savings account, be enrolled in TCCU Online and have downloaded the Town and Country CU Mobile App. Before making your first Pay a Friend payment, you must read and accept the Pay a Friend Agreement within the mobile app.
How much does Town & Country charge me to use Pay a Friend?
- Nothing! Town & Country Credit Union does not charge a fee for members to use Pay a Friend. The person you are sending money to will also not be charged a fee by Town & Country.
How do I send a friend money using Pay a Friend?
- Download the Town and Country CU Mobile App in your device's App store.
- Log in to the app using your TCCU Online username and password.
- Choose "Pay a Friend" from the menu.
- As part of enrollment in this service, you'll be asked to read and accept the Pay a Friend Agreement.
- Select "Make a Payment."
- Enter the name of the person you want to send money to.
- Select the method choice for how you want the person to receive notification of your payment, either Email or Phone.
- Enter their email address or phone number.
- Enter the amount you want to send them.
- Enter an optional, personal message.
- Enter a question and answer only the recipient can answer. They will not be able to receive the money unless they provide the correct answer.
- Select "Submit."
- The recipient will then receive an email or text message with instructions on how to receive the money.
Does the person I'm sending money to need to have a Town & Country Credit Union account?
- No, you can send money to anyone regardless of where they have an account.
How and when does the person I'm sending a payment to get the money?
- After receiving the text or email they will need to follow the prompts asking them for their bank or credit union routing and account numbers. Pay a Friend payments are processed through the Automatic Clearing House (ACH) system. Once the money is debited from your account, it is sent to the recipient's account (usually within 1-3 days).
Will the person I am sending money to be able to see my account information?
- No, recipients only see that you have sent money to them. Your financial information remains secure.
What are the limits for dollar amounts in Pay a Friend?
- Pay a Friend total dollar amount payments are limited to $500 per day. If you'd like your limits increased please call us at 1-800-872-6358 or fill out our Contact Us form and we'll call you.
What happens if I send money, but the recipient doesn't get it?
- If you type in an incorrect email address or phone number, the payment can be canceled as long as the payment is still marked as "Pending" within the Activity screen of Pay a Friend. To cancel a payment that is labeled as pending, select the transaction and then click "Delete Transfer."
How do I view my Pay a Friend history or activity?
- Within Pay a Friend select "Activity" to view sent and pending payments.
What happens to unclaimed payments?
- If the recipient's email address or mobile phone number is not correctly entered or the recipient does not access the Pay a Friend within 10 days, the unclaimed payment will be returned to your account.